PS4: Minor spellbinds from equipment not working

Mangamina

Question

I've equipped Durance and the Grieving Mother with the Amulet of Summer Solstice and the Cape of the Cheat respectively.  Durance's amulet was supposed to give him Sunbeam and the Grieving Mother's Escape.  At first they showed up under the player abilities wheel selection.  Then later after some adventuring, I decided to give the Sunbeam cape to the pc, it never showed up as available on the pc's selection wheel anywhere.  Then I gave it back and equipped it on Durance again, it has never showed up again as an available spell.  I also noticed the Grieving Mother's Escape selection disappeared too, I think I tried her cape on someone else too but put it back on her.  However, these spells show up in their character sheet.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Edited by Mangamina

6 answers to this question

This problem also exists in the PC version, although it's less common. Here it helps to re-equip the item, save, quit the game, open it up again and load the saved. Eventually repeat it (if it doesn't work on the first try). I'm afraid this is the only help you can expect from here. :(

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I want to apologize for raising this issue, it's not a bug after all.  I was looking in the abilities selection on the wheel, it's not there, the spellbind shows up in the player's backpack selection on the wheel! Ugh sorry to bother everyone, I'm relieved though  :facepalm: 

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, why would it go in the backpack?  It's not in a quick item slot unless they consider an equipment slot as also like a quick item slot and is a solid item from which you got the spell.  The other "real" spells come from a grimoire, just postulating.