Questions about pledging and the game in general

I know this is probably going to sound strange and stupid to some people, but here it goes anyway. So I'm really new to cRPGs, I never played Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 or really any of the old games. I'd say that my first cRPG was Dragon Age Origins, if that counts, recently I got Divnity Original Sin 2 and I have to say that there hasn't been a game that has had me this hooked for a while, as a result I have been looking to other RPGs and PoE 2 came up. 

Anyway, my question about is this. I checked out the backer site, I saw that the Fig thing was over so I couldn't put any money there but found out that there is a backer site. I'd like to contribute as much as I can but I don't really want all the items, to be honest I just care about the game, the in game stuff and the DLC but I'm not against shelving out more money than what the basic pledge asks for. Is it possible to do this?

As for the game, I really got into DOS 2 because of the voice acting, now I realize this is something which a lot of people will disagree with me but I really liked how it worked out for DOS 2 and would rather have voice acting that much more dialogue. Anyway, I saw that this game has double the voice acting that the first had. I hate to say it, but the lack of voice acting is something that kept me away from PoE 1. Does this game have voicing for all the important characters? I really don't mind if random traders, inconsequential NPCs, and the protagonist(prefer silent protagonists to be honest) have no voices.

Hi! Usually I just lurk here because I'm pathologically shy, but I want to help a fellow gamer so I'll try to get over my shyness and give as comprehensive an answer as I possibly can. :)

If I understood you correctly, you'd like to back the game but don't care much for physical rewards, right? If so, you can still pledge for the game at the backer portal, and from there you can select the tier you prefer.

Currently, all the tiers give digital rewards because IIRC the deadline for getting physical items has already passed.

The basic tier, ie. the less expensive one gives you a digital copy of Deadfire, an ingame item and a forum badge. The higher the tier the more digital items and stuff you can receive (artbooks, wallpapers, digital maps, etc.) and the more it'll cost obviously.

After choosing a tier, you can choose one or more addons (or none, if you're happy with what you're already getting) which are all digital too. Amongst these there's the possibility to pick the season pass fo future dlcs.

All in all, basic tier + dlc pass costs 55$: 35$ the first tier, 20$ the season pass (called "Pillars II dlc" in the menu where you choose it). Obviously the total will be more if you pick higher priced tiers. :)

TL; DR: go to the backer portal, click the "pledge now" button and from there pick what you prefer.

As for the voice acting, it's been stated that there'll be more than in PoE 1 but afaik we don't know how many npcs will be voiced etc. If someone has more info on that regard, feel free to fill in. :grin:

• Like 2

PoE 1 is generally on sale every time there is a sale on Steam and GOG. You should pick it up as well.

As for a pledge, look up what tier you like the sound of and get that. You can get 100% digital rewards.

Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum. Quid enim est aetas hominis, nisi ea memoria rerum veterum kum superiorum aetate contexitur? Marcus Tillius Cicero