Back in 2015, another player parsed the *.conversation files to count the unique dialogue options for various character creation choices.
I was interested in an updated list for the base game and DLC, so I wrote a XML parser in Python to produce a similar report.
I also covered options that add disposition points and options that check disposition points.
This breakdown reports the number of dialogue choices that add a Minor, Average, or Major amount of disposition points, as well as the total amount of points for each disposition-strength pair.
- Strengths: Minor = 1 point, Average = 3 points, Major = 7 points
- Ranks: Rank 1 = 1 point, Rank 2 = 25 points, Rank 3 = 50 points, Rank 4 = 75 points
- I wasn't sure whether to leave in the conversations in the "prototype_2" folder, so I erred on the side of caution and I left them in.
- I excluded the conversations in the "conversations" root and "conversations\test" folders.
- No options were filtered out, such as the Fire Godlike checks in The Ruins of Cilant Lîs. Keep that in mind!
If I forgot anything, let me know!
- [Race] The single Human check also checks for Aumaua, Godlike, and Elf.
- [Subrace] Island Aumaua have no checks in Eternity, White March I, or White March II.
- The Nassitaq check also checks for TheWhiteThatWends.
- The same is not true of TheVailianRepublics, and since you can choose only OldVailia as a background, I guess Fyrga never says this to you:
"They symbolize Magran's power and guidance. And right now, the people of Defiance Bay need to be assured of her presence." She crosses her arms, staring at the statue. "You Vailians see us as superstitious, but we're just sensitive to the signs and warnings of the gods."
Edited by fireundubh, 28 December 2017 - 03:16 PM.