Inventory menu chooses next character when clicking on item

Shwan

Question

I want to equip my main character with a piece of armour. I click on the armor once the item is chosen but so is the next character - yes one click equals selection of item AND next character in the menu at the same time. Rinse and repeat. So agravating. I've updated my windows 10, steam, Nvidia 9-something card, verified the games file in steam..still same problem. This has been happening since the beginning of the game. Will do a clean uninstall/reinstall, if it still doesn't work well I hope I can get reimbursed for this huge annoyance as the game will have lost me as a fan :( does any1 know of a solution to this bug?

Fixed! this was a key binding issue...

Edited by Shwan

2 answers to this question

Cannot reproduce, and what has been described has never happened to me. Different OS and hardware, and I've used multiple computers to play the game. A few weeks ago there have been Nvidia driver updates that broken several games. Maybe it's related?

The active character shown at the left side of the screen is marked with a border around the small portrait. When picking up an item from any inventory slot on the screen or from the opened Stash, it can be placed freely anywhere without the game selecting a different character automatically. Not on the left side of the screen, and not on the right side either. The slot to drop the item into will be highlighted below the mouse pointer, and the small portrait of the character will be highlighted, too.

Here's somebody who mentions this inventory issue in Steam's forum for PoE:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/291650/discussions/0/1621724915777190329/