Food+Rest Doesn't Always Mend Injuries

fable123

Question

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Character A and Character B both have injuries.

2. Go to the rest screen (out in the wild, not an inn) and only give character A food.

3. After resting, character A will have the injury removed and character B won't. Works as intended at this point.

4. Go back to the rest screen. "Share" character A's food by dragging it to character B.

5. Drag actual food from your inventory to character B.

6. After resting, character B's injury will persist.

Workaround:

Steps #4-6 will prevent that character from being able to clear injuries out in the wild moving forward. Going to an inn and resting, however, always removes the problem as well as the injuries. Reloading from a prior save would work too. I also tested with clicking the food on the rest screen to remove it for that character, then giving actual food from the inventory, and that doesn't remove the injury. I also tested this with various kinds of food (fish, other stuff) and got the same result regardless of the type of food.

Suggested fix:

The sharing/dragging of food from one character to another on the rest screen, I suspect, is unintended behavior and preventing the player from doing that will prevent this issue from happening.

Question to Developers:

Should characters be able to share food? It's a realistic idea since people share food all the time IRL but in game it would be near impossible to ever run out of food if allowed. Also, the buffs from the food to all five characters would be overpowering (note that from testing the buffs don't go to characters that had food shared with them). Even if the prior food buff was replaced, this would become op with higher level food/meals by getting five meals for the price of one.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet