Problem with custom portrait..

Hi there! Firstly, this is my first post on this forum, so howdy!

Ok - basically I'm having an issue with custom portraits for companions showing up in-game. Infact, I'm not sure if it's every companion, or just Calisca, because for the life of me I cannot get her portrait to change.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing the correct thing, as I've custom portraits working for my player. But just to be clear, this is exactly what I'm doing -

- Getting a pic
- Cropping it to 210 x 330 px
- Saving it to E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\companion as portrait_calisca_lg.png

- Then repeating that process for a small picture, 79 x 96 px, and saving it as portrait_calisca_sm.png

Am I doing something wrong? Or is Calisca somehow an exception and her portrait can't be changed?

What is confusing me, is that if I completely move the portraits\companion folder to somewhere else entirely (let's say the desktop), her default portrait is still appearing in the game. She's driving me crazy!

Any help would be massively appreciated, thank you for reading!

• Like 1

Small portrait is 76x96 pixels

You're right! heh, thank you.

However, resizing them down to the correct size hasn't made any difference.

My player custom portrait shows up fine (it showed up fine when it was the incorrect size too actually). But my custom Calisca portrait isn't showing up at all, she still has her default portrait.