Pillars of Eternity Patch Problem

MEET figgs

Question

Today I got on to Pillars of Eternity and an update news announcement let me know that a bunch of new portraits and a few unique items from Deadfire had been patched into the game. That would be great, except now the game itself will not work, I have tried loading different saves, I have tried starting a new game and it keeps crashing. Any fixes?

3 answers to this question

I also just purchased the game on PS4 and I have had nothing but problems. I cannot get past the first travel point without the game crashing and it’s completely unplayable at this point. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues from obsidian would be helpful as I spent money on their product and it’s not working!?!

I also just purchased the game on PS4 and I have had nothing but problems. I cannot get past the first travel point without the game crashing and it’s completely unplayable at this point. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues from obsidian would be helpful as I spent money on their product and it’s not working!?!

Sorry, you are at the wrong place.

You spend money on a product of Paradox, not Obsidian. Paradox did develop the console version of PoE with the allowance of Obsidian, Obsidian themselves had nothing to do with the implementation for consoles. Thus, bug reports and issues around the PS4 version should be put into the Paradox forums. It's more likely to find a solution there: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/pillars-of-eternity-console.989/

Sorry again, I don't want to hush you away, but it's very likely you won't get an answer here.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Today I got on to Pillars of Eternity and an update news announcement let me know that a bunch of new portraits and a few unique items from Deadfire had been patched into the game. That would be great, except now the game itself will not work, I have tried loading different saves, I have tried starting a new game and it keeps crashing. Any fixes?

Obsidian will need more info in order to help you. System specs, log files, savegame, that sort of things. Please have a look at the pinned threat "How to report an issue" in this subforum.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods