Ogrekin cannot be defeated, preventing close / adventure completion

dewguru

Question

PC Version, Pathfinder Adventures, Obsidian Edition

6-3 or 6-4 (whichever one where you're in the DeathZones scaling the mountain)

Facing an Ogrekin, it did it's roll and got #4, which is "After you act, put the Ogrekin on the bottom of the location deck."

I failed to beat it, it ended up on the bottom of the deck.

I then later killed the Leng Spider, but failed on my close attempt.

I can now no longer achieve a close attempt, as the final card is the Ogrekin and every time I face it, it still has the original "After you act, put the Ogrekin on the bottom of the location deck." effect in place, so after beating it twice with it being the only card left, I simply cannot defeat the adventure.

There is no villain to defeat, I can only win this level by closing all the locations - and with 12 turns and one location left - I can't beat it because of the immortal Ogrekin.

This is so broken it's sad.

Edit: I also had my mage with Disintegrate attempt to kill it - which is supposed to defeat a monster "even if it would be otherwise undefeated" - and that didn't work either.

Edited by dewguru
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

PC Version, Pathfinder Adventures, Obsidian Edition

6-3 or 6-4 (whichever one where you're in the DeathZones scaling the mountain)

Facing an Ogrekin, it did it's roll and got #4, which is "After you act, put the Ogrekin on the bottom of the location deck."

I failed to beat it, it ended up on the bottom of the deck.

I then later killed the Leng Spider, but failed on my close attempt.

I can now no longer achieve a close attempt, as the final card is the Ogrekin and every time I face it, it still has the original "After you act, put the Ogrekin on the bottom of the location deck." effect in place, so after beating it twice with it being the only card left, I simply cannot defeat the adventure.

There is no villain to defeat, I can only win this level by closing all the locations - and with 12 turns and one location left - I can't beat it because of the immortal Ogrekin.

This is so broken it's sad.

Edit: I also had my mage with Disintegrate attempt to kill it - which is supposed to defeat a monster "even if it would be otherwise undefeated" - and that didn't work either.

This is indeed a bug. Thanks for reporting it!

Sadly, this is an old bug... and I'm afraid it's not one that can be easily handled.

Bug is not in Ogrekin going to the bottom of location deck that should always happen, regardless if you beat it or not (so don't feel bad about not beating it), bug is that it doesn't roll for ability again when you encounter it (which could end up being option #4 again... it sure is most of the time I face it except if it's with Merisiel, then it's option #3).