Resonant Touch bug?

Acision

Question

After adding Resonant Touch ability to my main character and Zahua I noticed each time I enter a battle my character and Zahua takes damage to both endurance and health immediately even though they have not been struck by enemies.  The damage taken ranges differently each time and is not displayed in the combat dialogue box.  It just shows "Zahua affects Zahua with resonant touch (additional effects)" and it will also trigger rooting pain shockwave on my main character as Zahua does not have that ability and they also gain wound(s) from this damage.  

I find this quite annoying at times as after many battles the dwindling of my health starts to build up quite noticeably even if I never got hurt in battle. Is this normal? Is Resonant Touch supposed to damage monks upon entering a battle?  The ability description makes no mention of this and I can't find any information about this anywhere.  

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Did some more testing and found out the damage taken during a start of a battle varies depending on the armor worn.  When I had no armor equipped my character took over 50 damage each time I start a battle and I gain 6 wounds instantly.  With the white crest armor equipped my character takes no more than 6 damage, no wound and doesn't activate rooting pain.

Would be good to have this understand/fixed - I planning to take that feat :)

Maybe you could retrain x2:

First retrain and not take the feat. See if the damage effect is gone.

Save and restart game.

Retrain and take Resonant Touch and see what happens.

Just an idea.  

Would be good to have this understand/fixed - I planning to take that feat :)

Maybe you could retrain x2:

First retrain and not take the feat. See if the damage effect is gone.

Save and restart game.

Retrain and take Resonant Touch and see what happens.

Just an idea.  

Sorry I should of mentioned this in my opening post, I tried retraining already and it made no difference for Zahua or my monk main character.  I even tried starting a completely new game and used the console to give me 120,000 experience and leveled up but still the same issue once resonant touch is selected.  To answer your question, resonant touch is the culprit as when I didn't choose this ability I take no damage and gain no wounds when I start a battle.

It's an awesome ability, really nice for dishing out huge damage to hard to kill enemies like dragons or killing large mobs of enemies.