6-1 Wisdom roll doing damage to me

pikkusiili

Question

Played scenario 6-1 for the first time and was destroyed by one of the henchmen with what appears to be a bug.  I have been playing through with Merisel solo.  I was fighting the dwarven brother that required a Wisdom check before fighting and failed it.  The card says he would then do 1d4+? damage to me but instead it dealt me damage equal to my wisdom roll.  Afterwards, it did have him roll the d4 but since my hand was already empty I don't know if it would have dealt damage or not.  This happened twice before I lost the scenario.

Playing on an iPad 4

2 answers to this question

Played scenario 6-1 for the first time and was destroyed by one of the henchmen with what appears to be a bug.  I have been playing through with Merisel solo.  I was fighting the dwarven brother that required a Wisdom check before fighting and failed it.  The card says he would then do 1d4+? damage to me but instead it dealt me damage equal to my wisdom roll.  Afterwards, it did have him roll the d4 but since my hand was already empty I don't know if it would have dealt damage or not.  This happened twice before I lost the scenario.

Playing on an iPad 4

Not a bug.

Silas is a "Monster", therefore he deals Combat damage to you equal to the difference between your roll and his check to defeat (at least, that's what I take you mean; if indeed he dealt damage equal to your ROLL - yeah, that's a bug). THEN, because *one character did not defeat Silas* (in your case - the only character), you're dealt *another* 1d4-1 Poison damagae, *in addition* to the Combat damage from the failed check.

Bottomlline: what might be tripping you up is, even though Silas' check to defeat is "Wisdom", not "Combat" - failing that check still deals Combat damage to your character, regardless of any other powers the monster has. 

• Like 2

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.