Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More replayability

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ArnoldRimmer

ArnoldRimmer

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 275 posts

I think it would be great if you could make encounters a bit more random - vary number of monsters and their positions a bit - so just firing a rolling flame to draw someone out doesn't always work etc.

mumbogumshoe

mumbogumshoe

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't think that's the direction in which they are going, make encounters more random. I think they want more handcrafted encounters, which is a good thing, imo. To prevent cheese tactics, making encounters random isn't the best way to go anyway, it's better AI and they're working on that. Also, replayability in this sort of game comes mostly from a non-linear story, choice & consequence and a lot of character and party customization, which are all things that they are already committed to.

Edited by mumbogumshoe, 30 January 2017 - 07:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users