Characters locked in quest mode?

BigDaddyGamer

Question

Hello, I started a questing party that has now exceeded the level of the individuals in the story mode. I want to use the characters in the questing party as the party to continue in the actual adventures. However every attempt to remove the members from the questing party to create an adventure party has failed. Basically every time I start a quest I see that questing party as it was before but I can never remove them from the party to be put into the story mode adventures.

So my question first is, our questing parties and adventure parties separated by design? And if so how do I move questing party members to one of the story mode adventure parties, because I've been unsuccessful in doing that so far.

1 answer to this question

So my question first is, our questing parties and adventure parties separated by design? And if so how do I move questing party members to one of the story mode adventure parties, because I've been unsuccessful in doing that so far.

Quest characters and Story Mode characters don't mix by design, and can't be swapped between game modes.

The biggest reason is that they have different progression paths: one by XP, and the other by scenario rewards.  Silly things would happen if you were able to bring a high-level character over from Quest Mode and get a whole new set of reward feats as they crash their way through Story Mode.

A lesser reason is that Quest Mode and Story Mode have slightly different deck lists, and Quest is generally capped at AD4 stuff while Story Mode goes to AD5.  The two modes are just just slightly different enough that they aren't meant to be compatible.