As I understand it, DoT effects gain power the lower your Int.  So would 3 Int be optimal for a Persistence Ranger?

I realize Stunning Shots would be gimped with 3 Int.  But thinking about it, with zero or close to zero recovery, would even this be significant?  And what else, really, does a non-Stormcaller ranger need Int for?

A related question.  I'm thinking of running a Persistence Ranger and Stormcaller Chanter pairing on a PoTD party run-through.  Can't find anything on these threads about a Stormcaller Chanter.  I know both Ranger & Cipher will get better use of the bow, but what's the gen on a Chanter?

RP-wise, I'm thinking of a Stormsinger-type from Kaedrin's NWN2, back in the day. 

Only wounding and wounding shots are "better" with low INT. Meaning the overall damage is not influenced by INT at all. So with less INT, you deal the damage in a shorter time.

All other DoT effects get stronger (deal more damage) with more INT . For example Envenomed Strike, Deep Wounds, DoT spells and so on.

So, a ranger with 1 INT may be possible and his wounding damage from Persistence or Wounding Shot will be applied nearly instantly compared to a ranger with 18 INT where it will be applied over several seconds.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods