Can't Level Hiravias (+ party join bug) - PoE + WM + WM2

Conor

Question

I am having a number of issues with Hiravias. I can't level him up when I can get him to join the party, and I'm having the more common bug with having him join the party, with him spawning off-map, not being able to exit areas ("you must gather your party" etc).

The levelling bug is simple: when I try, I can assign extra points to attributes as normal, but when I click 'next' I get a skills picking screen with no options and cannot proceed from here.

Hiravias spawns off screen when he joins the party. I've manged to get him to appear by adding him in the Great Hall then speaking to a petitioner (the Shackler is in the great hall in the attached save), but afterwards he does not respond to commands properly and won't move when I click to use an exit (and even if I move him next to it, "you must gather your party"...)

I am running Pillars of Eternity with both expansions on Steam. I've tried verifying my cache but it didn't help; trying to reinstall next.

Link to screenshot of error: https://s10.postimg.org/yh283jszt/buug.png

Most recent Autosave: http://www.filedropper.com/b8b09b45-c74c-4b84-895b-da829b3ae8f8autosave0

output_log.txt
DxDiag.txt

2 answers to this question

Update: clean reinstall did not work. I've just noticed that on the broken level-up screen, the very bottom of coloured boxes is visible, and hovering over them shows abilities?

Attached is another output log from loading the same save. As reported in other threads, adding Hiravias to the party means that he can't be removed. Le sigh! I really want to be able to complete his quest, but he was recruited many, many hours ago and reloading from a previous save to try the turn off autolevelling fix is out of the question.

I was wondering - is there any way I could level him outside of the game (e.g. with a save editor) to bypass this levelup issue?

output_log.txt

Hey MrConor,

This is a known issue, you may be able to retrain your Hiravias if you can get him to an Inn which should fix the issue though he may cause issues later in your playthrough. That being said we should have a fix for this issue soon.

- Sking