TehNispe

Question

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on?  Android, Oneplus 3
  • What version of the OS are you running? Android 6.0.1
  • What model is the device? Oneplus 3, ONEPLUS A3003
  • What is your PFID#? BACDF268A20FBEE7

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on? No and no.
  • Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? Story mode, haven't played Quest mode in a while.
  • Characters in Party Merisiel
  • Location of each character Has happened in many locations, I think, but lately Warrens
  • Turn Order
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play? Foul Misgivings, Heroic difficulty
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc) The Skinsaw Man
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? (IE, you just encountered an enchanter and failed the check, and on an additional explore you ran into a blessing of the gods but didn't auto acquire it) First explore of the turn.
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it?
  • Was the encounter a Horde? (Skeleton Horde, Goblin Raid, Zombie Nest, Zombie Horde, Garrison Location Power w/ multiple characters, Henchmen encounter in Black Fang w/ multiple characters) A random monster was placed on another open location (The Foxglove Manor in this case, as I had already closed the Farmhouse)

When I encounter the Skinsaw Man, it is first shown in flames like all villains are. When I press continue, the random monster is placed on a random open deck. Then, it says "Alone in the location, rolling for added difficulty" but the dice just disappear, I get the "hit animation" from the Skinsaw Man and it deals 20+ damage to me. Then it shows me the first combat check and it's difficulty, where the 1d4 has already been added for being alone.

Sometimes I can roll the first check normally, but after I beat it I get the huge amount of damage even though I win the check. Thus no chance of beating the other check.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

I have also been having nearly this exact issue.

General (For all issues)

• What device type are you on?  iPad Air
  • What version of the OS are you running? iOS 9.3.4
  • What model is the device? MH182LL/A
  • What is your PFID#? None?

Gameplay

• Is pass & play on?  Is permadeath on? No and no.
  • Tutorial, Story Mode, or Quest Mode? Story mode.
  • Characters in Party Kyra only
  • Location of each character Has happened in all three locations over multiple attempts
  • Turn Order Kyra is the only party member
  • Scenario & Scenario Difficulty.  If on non-normal difficulties, which wildcard powers are in play? Foul Misgivings, Heroic difficulty, over multiple attempted games with various wildcard powers.  Most recently, Retaliation
  • What card was encountered when the issue occurred? (Or check, or card just played, etc) The Skinsaw Man
  • Did the issue occur on the first explore or a subsequent explore?  If subsequent, what card did you last encounter?  What was its resolution? (IE, you just encountered an enchanter and failed the check, and on an additional explore you ran into a blessing of the gods but didn't auto acquire it) First explore of the turn.
  • Did other characters aid the check?  What did they use to aid it? There are no other characters in the party.
  • Was the encounter a Horde? (Skeleton Horde, Goblin Raid, Zombie Nest, Zombie Horde, Garrison Location Power w/ multiple characters, Henchmen encounter in Black Fang w/ multiple characters) When he is encountered in the Warrens, a random monster is placed on one of the other locations (generally Foxglove Manor because I tend to close the Farmhouse first), but the issue happens whether or not The Skinsaw Man is encountered in the Warrens.

When I encounter the Skinsaw Man, regardless of whether a monster is placed in another location because he was in the Warrens, he tends to do between 10-15 damage to me before any dice are rolled.  Then he gets the bonus 1d4 for my being alone and I am given two checks (generally with an empty hand now that I've taken so much damage).  Sometimes (I can't tell if there's a trigger for this part or not), the difficulty of his first check is increased by the amount of damage he did to me before the encounter started.

CORRECTION:
I believe my perception may have been skewed by frustration.  Upon much further experimentation, this seems to only actually happen when the Skinsaw Man is encountered in the Warrens and there is another location open, so it appears to be tied to placing a random monster in another location.

Edited by Turantula