Cant open secret doors, will not highlight them.

trixyblue

Question

I have the hint book, and im standing in front of 2 secret doors neither will highlight or open, one says theres a level across from the door if you can open it, but it wont even highlight, i have no idea why it wont detect, theres no details no how to find secret doors or level, i have no idea whether this is a bug or a mechanic, and if it is i have no idea how to get around it, as other than scouting theres no ability to find objects, nor have they made allowances to fix the problem with console commands.

Also is there an official obsidian techinical support or is there only just this user helps support forum.

11 answers to this question

1. You need a high enough mechanic level on one character to spot secret things.

2. You can spot them passively if the level of the secret is 4 less than your mechanic level.

3. You need scout mode to see all other secret things up to your mechanic level, if the required level higher than what you have nothing will show up.

4. Some secret doors have scripted interactions to open them, the one in the tutorial dungeon at the beginning for example, they are not spotable. Some others have hidden switches a bit away from the door.

Edited by Xaratas

my problem is i got one character with 10 mechanics, best i could get, finally found one switch, but theres one secret door that i have no idea what skill level you need to detect, becuase so far 10 is the best ive been able to get, but even worse when i cant open a door becaue i need certain condition, and those conditions are bugged, i did x to make y happen, then y should have happened but it didnt so it means i cant open the door, but i wish they''d give you at least an idea of what you need to be abe to detect hidden object or whether its a bug, because its hard to tell, especially since you only get 12 levels.

Endless paths level 3 second bridge the wall next to the door, wont highlight no matter what i do. Other is Level 13, the doorway into the room that lets you into level 14, it say when you kill the spectres in the room with the machinery, the ghost will talk to you and tell you the rewritten code to access the door, the ghost wont talk, all i get is hello, they look at you and only option is leave, none will tak to you.

And again i have the collectors edition of the hint book so it actually tells me, but telling me how its supposed to work and the fact it doesnt, really doesnt help. Oh and thank you i do appreciate your assistance, its nice to get an answer.

Level 3:

If you are talking about the secret on the north corner of the map: a object around there operates the door you want to open. 

The statue needs the saber Resolution. Dropped by a amoeba on level 4 iirc.

Level 13:
You must probably complete a certain section of the main quest (undying heritage).

I've come to burn your kingdom down

Ah thanks for the hint on level 3, never would have worked it out, its not in the hint book, and said item doesnt drop there. Level 13 says speak to the 3 spirits, because its all you can speak to and the last one in the far room with the secret door, will tell you the password, all he does is hold his face in his hands and nothing else, ive spoke to them in multiple combinations, or its something like you need to speak their language whatever that is, otherwise im stumped.