Deleting parties also deletes the characters in the party.

Ganadai

Question

I just found this out the hard way.  I went through and deleted all my parties, then went to create a new party with my experienced players and they're ALL missing.  I didn't realize deleting the party would also delete all the characters associated with the party.  There should be a better warning about this.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

It's not SUPPOSED to delete the characters.  For example, when it came time for cloud saves, I deleted my favorite party and rebuilt it, and the Experienced characters were still there.  Now I can play on my tablet OR my phone.

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I have also lost my experienced characters.

Started over with 1.0.3 and ran them all the way through the selection of their roles, shows Hook Mountain Massacre completed.

Then started a new group of 3 to run heroic in the same save game.

But am having trouble with no healer, so thought I would add in my experienced Kyra.

Went to character select and shows everyone new except the 3 in my current party, that have only completed Lost Coast.

Lost all my progress.

Slightly bummed.

Amiri may come hunt you all down.

Went to character select and shows everyone new except the 3 in my current party, that have only completed Lost Coast.

Lost all my progress.

Just to be clear - you selected the "Experienced" tab and it was empty?

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Longshot11, on 11 Jun 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

PinkRose, on 11 Jun 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Lost all my progress.

Yes.  In story mode, I had several party tabs that were either empty, with no characters shown in the party, or that contained characters that I had deleted, so clicking on the play button would do nothing.  I decided to clean it up by deleting all the party tabs.  Then all my "experienced" players, under the experienced tab, except one were missing.  I made a new party with the one remaining experienced character, but the next time I logged into the game it was missing too.  Again, I had a party tab that showed the last missing character, but clicking on the play button would do nothing, so I deleted that tab too and started over from the beginning with a fresh party.  I'll never delete the party tabs again, BIG mistake.

My experienced quest players are gone too, but they were only level 7 so I don't really mind them missing as much.  However, I only deleted the parties for story mode, so not sure why my experienced quest players are missing too.

Yes, I'm still logged into the same Google Play account. 

Longshot11, on 11 Jun 2016 - 03:01 AM, said:

PinkRose, on 11 Jun 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Lost all my progress.

I'll never delete the party tabs again, BIG mistake.

It would appear this is the moral of the story for now. Which is odd, because deleting your profile and creating a new one with your experienced heroes was the fix to one of the big issues at launch...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.