Possible Bug? Elmshore Difficulty

Yahku

Question

Hey,

when proceeding to Elmshore, i was asked whether i want a higher difficulty setting or not due to my "considered high level". I arrived with my 10th level party there. I haven chosen "Standard" but have the feeling that this was taken wrong. Unfortunately i do not have a save in the recent past (yes, i know, beginners mistake) to check for a difference here when chosing the increased difficulty. But there are groups of ~10 Ogres with several Druids and every group easily dispatches me and i need 2-3 tries for each battle against "normal encounters without 'nameds' ". Up to now, there were no such hard fights outside the Endless Paths while playing on the "Normal" difficulty setting, so in an area for which i am considered to be over-leveled, such problems/hard fights seem to be misplaced. So i guess that the choice given about a locally re-arranged difficulty is broken here?

Best regards

Yahku

2 answers to this question

Hey Yahku,

I can easily find out if your save is bugged if you link it to me. But... I'd prepare yourself for a hard truth though, you may just be getting beat up. The Stalwart Village Ogres are quite a difficulty spike. Make sure to adjust your tactics, the Cannon Ogres will target your back line and drop them pretty quickly. Also sneak around the Village, you can find easier routes or pick a few stragglers off.

I got your back

-Sking 

Hey,

thanks for the response. I was able to beat all the enemies there, but there were 3 fights which were really tough (the ogres and two times groups with elementals south of them). Not the problem if that was intended, i just thought of a bug here because of the previous extra question about difficulty settings when entering and because all the other fights before (even the boss fights) were far easier and now after i continued, all proceeding fights i encountered so far also were rather easy compared to these.

If you want to check that in my save file, i uploaded it here:

Best regards
Yahku