are you supposed to be able to switch characters in party in mid story?

Fizzleup

Question

So I have the pathfinder adventures ios on ipad air.  I've been playing the Rise of the Runelords story with a full party of six.  I decided I wanted to change one of my characters and bought a new one.  Only problem is I can't seem to switch out any of my characters.  In party screen all the current members in my party have a lock symbol on their face and I can't seem to remove them from the bottom row which shows the party members.  Is this a bug or intentional?  Do I just have to start a new story if I want to change my party members around?

Fizzleup

5 answers to this question

If you still have a Scenerio running, then you can't change the party or re-use the characters currently playing in another party.  You need to complete that Scenario (or forfeit) to change people around.

If you're NOT mid-Scenario, then I got nothin'.  Sounds like a bug.  Try going to the opening screen, hitting "Story", then the Greed Triangle under the group you're trying to split up.  If you end up in the Scenario Selection Screen, then I don't know why you're having a problem.  If you end up anywhere else, it's (probably) not a bug, and you need to get them resolved enough to end up back at that Scenario Selection Screen before you can do anything else with those characters.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Let me ask this, what if I go to Story, click the 'x' on the top right of the Rise of the Runelord story, and then choose a new party?  Will my characters still have their experience and items from the previous story attempt?  Also will it still show that I completed those scenarios I already finished in the first try with the story?