Receiving an extra die when using Blessing of the Gods versus Erylium

DarkRaven47

Question

The current Blessing on the timer is a Blessing of Iomedae. I'm doing an Arcane check with Seoni and when I use a Blessing of the Gods, it gives me two more dice.

Seoni's Arcane skill is listed under Charisma, but this is a combat check so why am I getting two dice?

Is it a bug or am I misinterpreting something?

1 answer to this question

The current Blessing on the timer is a Blessing of Iomedae. I'm doing an Arcane check with Seoni and when I use a Blessing of the Gods, it gives me two more dice.

Seoni's Arcane skill is listed under Charisma, but this is a combat check so why am I getting two dice?

Is it a bug or am I misinterpreting something?

When you're using only Seoni's Arcane skill for an Arcane check to defeat - this is a non-combat check (event though you're "fighting" the monster).

A combat check to defeat is the one that uses the COMBAT value on the monster, and it default to your bare Strength/Melee skills. For the combat check, you usually use cards that say "For your combat check reveal/discard this card to use your XXX skill + dX..".

So, for Seoni, a Charisma Combat check you be when she casts an Arcane combat spell, like Force Missile (as her Arcane skill is Charisma based; for Ezren, playing the same spell would be Combat Intelligence)

Usually, combat check will be easier for you if you can play a combat spell on it; Erylium however, and most other monster-summoning villains, usually have an alterantive check to defeat, as their summoned monster may use up the only combat spell in a caster's hand (as opposed to warrior who can use his weapon both vs. the summoned monster and the villain)

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.