Is Quest completion time broken? 6 turns to complete 3 areas? Really?

I've been playing through the main adventure and almost done; thought I'd look at the Quests.

First, I'm kind of disappointed I wasn't able to use the characters I'd already played but I understand if the Quest uses different ways to advance characters, that's fine.

What seems broken is the time allotted to complete Quests. For a single player... 6 turns? I started out with two guys and wasn't paying attention to the turns (I assumed 30 like with the other style). I got lucky and on the first two zones, I found and fought bosses and beat them. I thought I was well on my way to victory and then out of nowhere it ended a few turns later. Apparently all you have were 9 turns to somehow explore 4 different areas. So even with 1 out of 100 luck and finding two bosses in the first two turns, I was pretty much doomed.

Are you not meant to win? What's the point then? Do they get more turns as they advance or something and my guys are just too green to get anywhere?

Yes.  This is a known bug mentioned many many times over in the Support Forum.  TLDR: It's been reported, they've been able to reproduce it, and they are working on a fix in the next update (which has no ETA as yet).

• Like 1

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."