Don't count your chickens until the locations are closed

Pro-tip: when you're blowing all your bonuses on the final roll against the boss, make sure it is in fact the final roll and that you don't have another location still open. And certainly don't do this twice.

The 68 I got against Nuallia was very impressive. Less impressive is when the game made the motions of shuffling her and stuck her into one location I hadn't visited. Luckily, I still managed to find and corner her on the very last turn.

• Like 3

lol Sounds like something I would do.  I have a similar story about a mistaken temporary closure that ended up working out okay in the end.  That's the problem with playing the electronic version.  If you're playing with your group, someone says, "what the hell are you doing?  We still have an open location!"  Gotta love the convenience of the app, however.  Not dealing with cards is definitely one of the upsides of the app.  Not having your buds sharing your joy and suffering would be the downside.

• Like 1

I Alpha-struck a Villain that I didn't notice had two checks to defeat.  The second check didn't go so well...

Worst then that is when the monster has a check to increase difficulty and you spend EVERYTHING on that check instead of the monster itself....

• Like 1

I ran a full-party Attack on Sandpoint, and four of the eight locations had Goblin Raiders as the first card, with another location having Tsuto as the first card. I was a little overconfident on one of the later goblins and failed an easy combat check, only to have that henchman turn up again immediately.

It was an impressive rare steamroll all round, and pretty much impossible to fail, which was nice. :)

I Alpha-struck a Villain that I didn't notice had two checks to defeat.  The second check didn't go so well...

This is how I am going to refer to that from now on. Alpha Strike....

We love doing that in our Lunch of Righteousness games, I forgot what the record is, but I'm pretty sure Nathan holds it.

• Like 3

Yeah, no one misses the still open locations in the table-top game. Though that allows for other mistakes, such as when I confused a location deck for the blessings deck...

Tips garnered from the table-top- Never, ever, ever say, "I can only fail on a 1." Need help closing that location? "I have arcane+2 and +3 from charisma, I can only fail if I roll a 1." And that's why we re-did that scenario.

• Like 2

Yeah, no one misses the still open locations in the table-top game. Though that allows for other mistakes, such as when I confused a location deck for the blessings deck...

Tips garnered from the table-top- Never, ever, ever say, "I can only fail on a 1." Need help closing that location? "I have arcane+2 and +3 from charisma, I can only fail if I roll a 1." And that's why we re-did that scenario.

This is my life.

• Like 1

We love doing that in our Lunch of Righteousness games, I forgot what the record is, but I'm pretty sure Nathan holds it.

And now you know why I take FOREVER on my turns during that game...

That being said, we'll look into some possibility of making temp closures more obvious.

Never tell me the odds! I probably wrote them

I actually don't play that much Battletech.  I just have friends who do, and their terminology got absorbed through repeated exposure.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."