Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

News: Reporting that Patch 3.0 is out (2/16/2016)

news patch gog.com

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

menace97

menace97

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

My "News" in the top right corner is still only reporting that Patch 3.0 is out (2/16/2016), even though I'm running 3.02.1008 PX1 PX2. I purchased it through GOG.com and installed it manually (not through GOG Galaxy).

I can just turn off the "News" of course, but that defeats the purpose and I would like to be informed of actual updates. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed/updated?

I have uninstalled and removed all folders/files/entries I could find, reinstalled, and update is still showing as the older 3.0.

Thanks for any help  :)

Attached Files

Nicholas

Nicholas

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts

Try to delete C:\Users\user_name_here\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\NewsArchive.xml file. After this game should fetch the latest news. Make a file backup just in case.

menace97

menace97

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Thanks for the idea Nicholas!

I moved the file to a separate location, restarted the game and it re-created the file,  with the same information. That was a good idea though, I thought that might do it. Thanks for trying to help!

menace97

menace97

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Here are some files that may help, as per cRichards request for all issues.

• NewsArchive.xml wouldn't attach correctly.
  • Saved game file and goglog.ini are too large to attach.

Attached Files

menace97

menace97

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

NewsArchive.xml uploaded as .txt  (.xml attachment failed to upload).

Attached Files

Nicholas

Nicholas

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts

I've just checked my news and the latest entry is about 3.0 patch too. Seems like Obsidian hasn't updated it since that :-)

• menace97 likes this

menace97

menace97

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts

ahh ok! thank you very much Nicholas, i was worried something was wrong with my game/install.

much appreciated! :)

Weasel455

Weasel455

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I just finished my first playthrough yesterday and i had a big bug in Caed Nua. After finishing almost all building-updates the game would break on me if i wanted to go to the second floor in Brighthollow, the resting place. After that i was brought back to the main menu and if i reloaded a save file without restarting the game i couldn't switch companions. The game would registred that i switch a companion but on screen he would just disappear. Restarting the game and loading an old file would fix this problem but the second floor was a no go area from that point on.

The bug isn't a big deal because you can just rest anywhere in CN but i didn't knew that at the time and was really frustrated when i found the bug.

registered

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news, patch, gog.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users