Question about cloud saves

Cyrano4747

Question

I've got a quick question about cloud saves.  I have PoE plus the expansions on Steam.  I do most of my gaming on a PC, but I'm going to be traveling for a week and have a Mac I'm brining with me.  I'd like to continue playing my saves while I'm gone.  Googling around and reading some older threads from this forum it looks like Steam cloud saves don't synch automatically between the platforms, but copying the saves manually works fine.

My question is this: all of the descriptions of this process I've seen says you have to turn off the cloud saving.  What happens when I get back, move my (now updated with more play time) save back to the PC, and then turn the cloud saves back on?  Is this a situation where I will have to leave my cloud saves off permanently, or will I have an option to override what's up on Steam's cloud with the updated data on the PC?  

2 answers to this question

Heya Cyrano4747,

Once you're all set up back on your PC steam should shoot you a message about the saves not matching up to the ones on the cloud. There should be two options at this point: "Download cloud files to this machine", or "Upload files to the steam cloud". By clicking the "Upload files to the steam cloud" option, you'll be able to replace your old cloud saves with your newly progressed saves from your trip.

Hope that's what you were looking for! =)

I try my very best.