[3.01] Where are my shields?

chris..

Question

Just lost a couple of my story NPCS in battle (Aloth and Hiravias) :sadface: on my potd expert trial of iron playthrough. Ended up hiring a new wizard to replace Aloth (picked him up in Stalwart) and leveled him up to 10. After leveling him I started to equip him with some items ( I believe I was at the stronghold while doing this) and I had two shields deleted that were both briefly equipped to him. I was trying to decide whether I wanted Scâth Gwannek or Badgradr's Barricade equipped to him (I think I ended up deciding on the Barricade). I'm not sure when exactly, but not long after that I was looking at his graphic in the inventory window and realized I was looking at a grimoire equipped in place of his shield. Sure enough the shield was unequipped and now I cannot find either shield anywhere in my inventory. 

Where did they go? :(

^ Link to my savefile

5 answers to this question

Hey Aarik,

I'm not 100% on exactly what I did in between hiring the new adventurer and noticing the missing shields... It wasn't more than 30 mins later I noticed that they had disappeared.. I believe I initially tried to just equip that really nice grimoire I found in the ground outside Durgan's Battery to save some gold on retraining spells, and then ended up spending the gold to learn some spells anyway, some of which I know I grabbed out of Aloth's book. There was definitely a lot of looking through various grimoires and swapping them out though etc before I figured out what I wanted to do. I *think* I also had one fight with some monsters somewhere in a White March zone.

I know I saved (ie: quit out of game since its a trial of iron file) at some point in the middle of doing that stuff. I apologize that none of that is very specific.. it was a few days ago now, and I didn't think to record things that led up to it at the time /:

Hey Aarik,

I'm not 100% on exactly what I did in between hiring the new adventurer and noticing the missing shields... It wasn't more than 30 mins later I noticed that they had disappeared.. I believe I initially tried to just equip that really nice grimoire I found in the ground outside Durgan's Battery to save some gold on retraining spells, and then ended up spending the gold to learn some spells anyway, some of which I know I grabbed out of Aloth's book. There was definitely a lot of looking through various grimoires and swapping them out though etc before I figured out what I wanted to do. I *think* I also had one fight with some monsters somewhere in a White March zone.

I know I saved (ie: quit out of game since its a trial of iron file) at some point in the middle of doing that stuff. I apologize that none of that is very specific.. it was a few days ago now, and I didn't think to record things that led up to it at the time /:

Remembering now that the one fight I ended up having leading up to this situation was a fight with Drakes invading my stronghold that I chose to handle manually because I happened to already be there.

Hey Chris, 

I'll write up a bug about you losing the items, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to find out what happened without being able to reproduce what happened. I tested a few stronghold attacks and the shield was still in my possession.  

I did have another question though. If your wizard had Barricade equipped, what happened to  Scath Gwannek? Its also nowhere in your stash or characters inventories.  

Hah, yeah exactly... good question! The same thing that happened to the other shield perhaps? Whatever the 'thing' was ? Thanks for writing it up anyway; I know its probably impossible to figure out at this point. I mean, this is my third run through the game since release and it was the first bug I ever encountered (that I noticed) I can't complain too much. If I run into a similar issue in the future, I'll make sure to immediately type up the exact sequence of events so something can actually be done about it. I don't know why I didn't think that would be important information to know at the time... I'm a bit of a bug reporting noob :\