Pillars of Eternity over Steam broken after 3.01 Update

Yagasaki

Question

My problem is that Pillars of Eternity doesn't load properly anymore after Steam downloaded the 3.01 update just now. During the download, my computer suddenly crashed, but once I had rebooted Windows again, Steam resumed the download and finished the update without an error message.

When I start Pillars of Eternity, the animated movies at the beginning display flawlessly, but as soon as I arrive on the main screen, I see this:

pillars_3_1.jpg

when I try to hit what I think is the Continue button, the screen turns black with only the mouse pointer visible.

when I try to hit what I think is the Exit button, the game flawlessly quits.

Link to my dropbox with the ZIP file containg the picture above, output log and dxdiag.

How shall I proceed? Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hey Yagasaki,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! It sounds like your download got corrupted when you computer crashed. I would suggest verifying your game cache and that should fix your issue. In your Steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Thanks a bunch! 

In your Steam library, right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Thank you, that worked flawlessly. It redownloaded 8 items and case solved.  :yes:

Please forgive the newbish question, I didn't spot that button when I was looking for an answer myself. And thank you for the warm welcome.  :sorcerer: