Stronghold Attack Triggers Battle of Yenwood Field Bug

Amiety

Question

Apologies if someone has already pointed this out, but I've discovered a bug that was triggered when my stronghold was attacked by a band of "vicious mercenaries". I chose to manually resolve the fight and killed all the attackers (the fight occurs outside Caed Nua's keep), but as soon as I did Marshall Forwyn and a bunch of villagers spawn at the keep entrance. Forwyn has the usual dialogue options you would get if you were preparing for the Battle of Yenwood Field quest - the thing is, I had already completed that quest (we won!), though when I did the quest Forwyn asks to speak with you inside the keep before you get the dialogue options.

I didn't want Forwyn and the villagers hanging out outside my keep in perpetuity so I reloaded and chose the auto resolve option instead (multiple times, so as to avoid costly damage to the keep) which seems to work ok.

3 answers to this question

This seems to happen regardless of who you're fighting, so long as the battle takes place in Cad Nua's courtyard. So far I've had it happen with an army of drakes in one playthrough (I came all the way back from the White Marches for that one) and a force of Raedric's undead in my current playthrough. You can't talk to the mob of villagers at all (at least I couldn't) and though you can talk to the Marshal, you fortunately don't have to repeat the quest to fight for Cad Nua...still, it would indeed be nice if this was patched so as not to break the immersion of the story, to say nothing  expending the resources of choising an automatic stronghold defense to avoid this glitch, which almost always results in costly damages to the keep.

It's fixed in patch 3.02.

If you're on Steam, you can opt in the beta. Otherwise, I guess you're in for a one week's wait or thereabouts. :)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's fixed in patch 3.02.

If you're on Steam, you can opt in the beta. Otherwise, I guess you're in for a one week's wait or thereabouts. :)

Not completely, villagers with Marshal disappeared, but the background sound of their screams was.