How to begin White March 2?

miezulcarpatin

Question

Hello,

Just got around to starting WM2. When I reloaded my last save I got a message on the new spell mastery mechanism and a message The Steward of Caed Nua has received a letter for you.

When I travel back to the stronghold, no additional dialogue pops up with the Steward - only available questions are referring to the state of the keep and previous dialogue I had.

Just to mention, the palace messenger is available in the Stronghold and the respective quest line starts.

So it this a bug or does WM2 starts in another way?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Just finished a clean reinstall, with a backup of the save games.

The quest „Forgotten Armies” appears now in my log, however the game informs me that the Steward of Caed Nua received a letter and Durgan's Battery quest keeps trying to update (although I obviously finished it). The things happen every time I enter or travel any new area (e.g. from inside the keep to outside). I added a link to my last save game.

Thanks!

http://we.tl/YjQ05u5rEg

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Here is the link to the two files - http://we.tl/ZIbxJelbpx

I have made the save near the Steward of Caed Nua. Traveling to any other location leads to the same issue as mentioned in my previous posts. Although now I can begin WM2 it is kind of annoying that the message that Steward of Caed Nua received a letter keeps repeating and Durgan's Battery quest keeps trying to update.

Thank you!

Edited by miezulcarpatin

Hey miezulcarpatin,

I loaded up your save and everything looks good on my end. I notice quite a bit of errors in your logs. Unfortunately since you are using GOG, you will have to uninstall and reinstall the game. Unless you are using GOG Galaxy, you can use the verify/repair function which will fix your files. 

Let me know if that works.

Thanks!