Disable Dialogue Voice-Over

Xyarvius

Question

Hello,

i'm wanted to do my very first playthrough of Pillars of Eternity and i wanted to play the game in German, because it's very text-heavy. 

Now i find the English voice-over rather distracting especially when there are descriptions before the actual dialogue. I would like to disable the voice-over for dialogues (which is on the other hand a shame because the voice acting is superb).

So i tried to set the voice-level in the options menu to zero but that also disables all notifications or cries in a battle.

Then i tried to rename the whole '...\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\audio\vocalization\vo wav files' folder to something else so the game has to access to the voice-files, which worked ... all voices were gone and the game ran smoothly (same effect as turning to voice-level to 0).

So my question ist: Which folders/files inside 'vo wav files' do i have to keep to hear battlecries and important notifications (or other ambient voices which do not appear in a dialogue) while playing the game?

I'm guessing that all files which look like '[...]_voice_set_[...]' are relevant to me, especially these files inside the player and companion folders.

1 answer to this question

Hey Xyarvius,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us! I highly advise against deleting game files as it may cause problems with the game. That being said, you are correct, you should keep all the files that have "voice_set". Those will be the ones you hear during battle.

I will write up a suggestion to disable VO during dialogue. Though at this point in time, I am not sure that such a thing will be implemented.

Thank you for your support.