Loading problem with iMac

Skrachfays

Question

I think this is an iMac/Yosemite or Steam problem, because a similar issue has just cropped up with Sunless Sea, after it worked perfectly for 2-3 days. 

I have played the game perfectly fine to about halfway through, but now, when I load the game, the music starts but there is no video until, after waiting for ages and eventually clicking the mouse, the top 2-3 cm of the menu screen appears but no more. The only way to escape is to pull the plug on the machine or mash all the keys until I get the desktop back.

I removed the local content and downloaded the game again. It worked fine the first time, then the old problem resumed.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB, 8GB RAM, approx 5GB free (attested by MemoryClean).

Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Hello Skrachfays,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for joining us. Do you have the latest update installed for Yosemite? Have you tried verifying your game cache to see if that resolves your issue? Go to your Steam Library and right click Pillars of Eternity > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache and see if that works. 

Thanks!