New Laptop, PoE doesn't accept savegames

Hein

Question

Hiya Guys,

First off all, I am pretty new to PoE. But lord, you guys created a game that can finally stand up to BG I & II. Those games already ruined my study two times =-p. I'm glad I got a good job before I started PoE :)

Since I bought a new laptop I can't use my save games anymore. I deleted my old version of PoE and installed a new one. Since that time all my save games DO appear when I follow the 3 steps of deleting 'Obsidian Files' in the folders: local, local low etc.

But when I see my save games and I try to load them, my game looks like it's going to start, but just goes back to the main menu without starting my save game. Someone has a solution?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers a happy PoE player, Hein :)

3 answers to this question

Hey Aarik,

I manually transfered the save games. But the weird thing is, on my first new laptop (this sounds pretty weird, I know =-p), everything worked fine. Then that laptop got some sound errors and I returned the laptop to the reseller. I got it replaced with exactly the same:

http://www.laptopshop.nl/product/622268/msi-ge72-2qc-209nl-apache-pro.html?s=k

The only thing I did differently on this new replacement laptop was using DUTCH as main windows language, while on my oldest laptop, and the one I had before the sound issues, were English versions of windows 10.

Anyway I also attached my log files to this post :).

Thanks a lot!

Hein

output_log.txt