Ending sliders stuck on Caed Nua

Gutbuster

Question

9 answers to this question

I came here to report the same problem. I am playing on Steam, and happened to make a quicksave after defeating Thaos. I have tried several times (even selecting different options for the souls). It is always the same - it breaks at Caed Nua, which I am getting the best result for (bastion of stability and a beacon for travelers). No text appears on the slide, and the narrator continues talking until he is done with that slide, then it just stops. I tried verifying my files - no change.  When I get home later today I will see about uploading my save and other relevant info.

Screenshot%202016-02-06%2021.38.43.png?d

Hey Gutbuster,

Are are you playing the game on Steam? Have you reloaded your save and tried it again? Have your tried verifying your game cache to see if that resolves your issue? Could you please upload a save file via dropbox so I can take a look?

Thanks a bunch! 

Hi Aarik,

I am not Gutbuster, but here are my relevant files relating to this issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64aw6c8uyu5t2fu/PoE_Support_Files.zip?dl=0

As I mentioned previously, I am on Steam and did try verifying my game cache. No luck.  ;( 

I hope this helps - I anxiously await seeing the rest of the ending! 

Hey Aarik,

I am heartened to hear that you see the problem!

As for your questions:

I did fully upgrade the stronghold, and I am not participating in the beta.

I unfortunately deleted the actual Pre End Game save after I loaded it and continued on with DLC quests, but here is my current save file. I hope that will suffice!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vuipixh5834n0d/PoE_Pre-EndGame_Save.zip?dl=0

Hey Naroshii,

No problem, we have already fixed the issue! There was a problem if you had Caed Nua with high prestige and security on top of recruiting Devil of Caroc and not completing her companion quest that prevented the slides to continue. This fix will be in the official 3.0 patch.

Thanks a bunch!