Lost all save files?

ancalabond

Question

So I had been wanting to play PoE for a while now, but I operate on a fairly small budget so I couldn't really afford it until the steam sale yesterday.
​I was a big Baldur's Gate player, so I was really excited to start and I would like to say this game is freaking awesome, but I was about 11 hours in and fighting the king, I had a full party and a few unique items, around 1k coins and then my computer crashed. When I got back on it all of about 70 files worth of saves were completely gone, so I lost 11 hours of progress... Why did this happen, and more importantly how can I stop it from happening again, because I plan on playing this game a lot, I don't want to get 100 or 500 or 1000 hours in, and then have all my save files erased just because my computer decided to take a ****.

​Thank you for the wonderful game though, in all seriousness.
​Ancalabond.

9 answers to this question

Hello ancalabond,

Welcome to the forums! I hope you had a great holiday break! What was the nature of your computer from crashing? Was it due to the game or an unrelated issue? Are you save files still in your save folder but not registering in game? 

If you don't know how to located your save files, please click on the link in my signature.

Thank you for your support!

I found another solution : Rename Windows Username to awoid "ł" .

But this stil be a bug.

Oh, really? I thought you (as Obsidian) have fixed all string functions to use the propper locale and utf-8? Especially those who generate and concatenate paths.

(Reminder about the Turkish player with the i without dot and an improper use of toLowerCase() Link: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81070-localisation-issues-fixed/)

Edited by Xaratas