[WM1] Chaotic Orb and Storm of Fire Trap - Accuracy bug

Question

Still really pissed about what happened with traps in 1.05 (great idea horribly executed). However, I still feel obliged to point out that the new traps have the pre-1.05 "+10 Accuracy".

If you're going to over-nerf something, I guess it should be consistently over-nerfed *grumble*

5 answers to this question

Hey Achilles,

While this nerf may seem bad, if you have someone with an extremely high mechanics, they are better at placing traps and can get a higher accuracy chance when placing the  traps. A character with 14 mechanics gets a +42 trap accuracy and placing a Bounding Missile Trap has -20 accuracy, so you are getting +22 accuracy instead of the +10 from back in the day. 

But thank you for pointing this out. I have added bug reports on both traps.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Aarik,

I tried to address that point here and here. Again, I don't think the change was a bad idea. I don't think enough thought went into how it would impact the higher-end traps. That "character with 14 mechanics" that you mentioned will only be a rogue and will probably have to have a resting bonus to get there (at the time I originally posted that, I think +1 Mechanics was the best resting bonus you could find). For Bounding Missile Traps, this hypothetical rogue is going to get a very nice bonus (per your post). However, the *best* she (and only she) will ever do with a Sunlance Trap is -3 in vanilla PoE and +3 in WM1.

Don't even bother having Sunlance Traps at this point, right? Am I making sense or am I missing something?

I appreciate you taking the time to respond! :)

EDIT: Hey, I was doing that last bit from memory and mistakenly thought that Sunlance was -45, not -40. Which means I should have said, "+2 in vanilla and +8 in white march".

Edited by Achilles

Aarik,

The new WM2 traps appear to be something of a grab bag also. A few of them have the +10, but one has +10 and another has -25.