Loading Screen and Inventory hangs/crashes

davi817

Question

Hello,

Pillars seems to hang on the loading screens.  The music continues, but if I click I get the Windows spinning blue circle.  Sometimes the game will complete the loading to game, sometimes I get a crash.  I get the same long hangs occasionally in inventory when switching items or characters.  Upon my first character creation, the game hanged between switching races, etc.

Is this an optimization issue?  This Alienware Alpha I'm running on is brand new, so I haven't had a lot of time to gunk it up.

Processor Intel® Core i3-4130T CPU @ 2.90GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 2.9 GHz Number of Cores 2 CPU ID BFEBFBFF000306C3 Family 06 Model 3C Stepping 3 Revision   Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GPU Manufacturer NVIDIA Chipset GeForce GPU Dedicated Memory 4096 MB Total Memory 4096 MB Pixel Shader Version 5.0 Vertex Shader Version 5.0 Hardware T & L Yes Vendor ID 10DE Device ID 1392 Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_1392&SUBSYS_066A1028&REV_A2 Driver Version 9.18.13.3810 Memory 4.1 GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit Service Pack 0 Size 64 Bit    

3 answers to this question

Hello davi817,

Could you please upload a dxdiag file and an output log so I can take a look? You can find those files by clicking on the link in my signature.

Please make sure that your graphics card has the latest drivers installed and verify your game files if you haven't done so already.

Thank you for your support.