Funny you should ask this, since I did some experimental runs recently about that.

Action speed affects the number of frames for each animation. Recovery animation, reloading animation, weapon attack animation.

Attack speed and recovery on armor, normally just affects the recovery animation cycle, the gap between attack animations.

From data, I concluded that dexterity noticeably affects situations where the attack animation and the reload animation constitutes a significant number of seconds for the entire cycle. Meaning spells with longer than standard cast speed and weapons that attack a lot therefore use more attack animations. Also those weapons that need reloading.

The number on the dex itself is pretty accurate for how many more attacks you would get. So 20% on dex would actually get you about 1/5th extra attack for any number of weapons. That seems to be stable no matter what weapon you are using or what armor you are using.

Edited by Ymarsakar
  • Like 1

Funny you should ask this, since I did some experimental runs recently about that.

Action speed affects the number of frames for each animation. Recovery animation, reloading animation, weapon attack animation.

Attack speed and recovery on armor, normally just affects the recovery animation cycle, the gap between attack animations.

From data, I concluded that dexterity noticeably affects situations where the attack animation and the reload animation constitutes a significant number of seconds for the entire cycle. Meaning spells with longer than standard cast speed and weapons that attack a lot therefore use more attack animations. Also those weapons that need reloading.

The number on the dex itself is pretty accurate for how many more attacks you would get. So 20% on dex would actually get you about 1/5th extra attack for any number of weapons. That seems to be stable no matter what weapon you are using or what armor you are using.

Fantastic information! Thank-you very much.