Game does not shut down properly

choogheem

Question

Playing the game through steam.

This has been happening for about 4 or 5 days now (last patch?).  I will quit the game.  When I go to play it again, "Failed to start game (app already running)."

I try to shut down Steam and get "Please close Pillars of Eternity before exiting Steam."  Um, there is no PoE window to quit/close the game.

I go into task manager - PoE is not showing up as even running.  I can at least close Steam through task manage and then restart.

I have tried verifying cache.  I have reinstalled.  Still getting the same problem.

4 answers to this question

I reinstalled Steam client.  I deleted local content and reinstalled PoE.  Played game.  Quit game.  Tried to replay game.  Failed to start game (app already running) - and now the client just froze.  I can move the windows around, but every option is unresponsive.  I cannot close the window; go to store; etc.  Looks like I'm not playing this game for awhile.

I have done everything I can think of.  I have verified game cache so many times it hurts.  I have reinstalled Steam - clearing out all files first (my god that was a pain in the butt, especially putting all my games back).  I reinstalled PoE.  Everything I've tried so far still leads to the same finish - steam will not properly close after quitting and exiting the game.