Does an Orlan Ranger's pet count as a "team mate"

Let me say first and foremost, I haven't tried this so I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I believe an animal companion doesn't count as an official companion in a solo run. The reason I say that is I'm pretty sure the PoE community would've had a fit if there was a single class incapable of getting an achievement, and as I haven't heard a peep, I think you're good.

Edited by the_dog_days

Let me say first and foremost, I haven't tried this so I'm not one hundred percent certain, but I believe an animal companion doesn't count as an official companion in a solo run. The reason I say that is I'm pretty sure the PoE community would've had a fit if there was a single class incapable of getting an achievement, and as I haven't heard a peep, I think you're good.

Ok, thanks.  I was just curious whether or not the 10% hit to crit bonus works with pets.  Probably go Boreal Dwarf anyway just for flavor.

I also haven't tried, so am also not 100% certain, but if I were a betting man I'd wager the pet does count as an ally (so would work with the Hearth Orlan racial), just not a companion. As Ymarsakar points out, pets are considered allies for your party members' buffs/heals.

I think of it like a square and a rectangle. A rectangle is not a square, but a square is a rectangle. Similarly, an ally is not a companion, but a companion is an ally.

In other words, a companion is a specific type of ally. A pet is a different type of ally.

Edited by Nobear