Bug: Ranger respec, animal companion keeps old abilities

MunoValente

Question

I did a respec on Sagani at level 13, so I could make twinned arrow my main modal and noticed when I was leveling her up that Imatuuk retained all his old companion specific abilities, like takedown and predator's sense in addition to whatever new abilities I picked up.

Edited by MunoValente
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

Well, i know the solution.

After you use respec, choose your attribs and companion(1st level). Then, before leveling level2, exit from character's levelup window.

Then level it up like usual by clicking "+" icon. All talents will stay in the right place.

For companions, after using Respec, exit immediately from levelup window, then level it up as usual.

Edited by lameover
  • Like 1

Sorry for my bad english.

I did a respec on Sagani at level 13, so I could make twinned arrow my main modal and noticed when I was leveling her up that Imatuuk retained all his old companion specific abilities, like takedown and predator's sense in addition to whatever new abilities I picked up.

Hello MunoValente,

Could you please upload a save file and an output log before you retrain Sagani via dropbox so I can take a look?

Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

Haven't really used dropbox before, hopefully this is correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/idtg07qoeue6vff/sagani.zip?dl=0

I couldn't find a save with her at level 13, but I found this one with her at level 9, in this case Imatuuk still retains Takedown during respec, but hadn't yet taken Predator's Sense.  When I do the respec it lets me take Brutal Takedown at level 4 because I already have takedown, even though it's usually at a higher level.