TWM version and Saved Games

Mereinid

Question

Hello all, I am not sure if this is the way it's supposed to be. But I just purchased The White March. Installed it and logged into play.

On Steam in the games list it shows Pillars of Eternity (Beta) The Game Icon is still the same it does not show The White March at the bottom, to me that's minor. I just remembered that anyway, just now.

Well, I logged into the game and I noticed my version of the game is no longer 2.0..etc etc.. it  has reverted back to 1.05.0582. I logged in to my saved games and my games I have played are gone. Meaning that any games I started or original games I was playing post Beta, are all gone. In the file directory there are two saved game folders one 1.05 folder and one 2.0 folder. The games are still there, but the game is not recognizing them from the load or continue screen. I can only play saved games from back in July. 

Is there a work around or something, I have restarted Steam twice and it's still loading 1.0.5 version..

Thanks for your time.

Mereinid

2 answers to this question

Ok, I fixed it.

On Steam, I went to the Beta's tab in the properties window. I de-selected the beta opt in/out. I was in Beta. I am  now set to NONE. The game immediately downloaded 4Gb of The White March. My saved game files are back and the version is now 2.00.0706.

So if your save games are not showing up and your versions are wrong please try this tactic. Worked like a charm for me.

Regards,

Mereinid