[2.0 Beta] Combat of Eternity *Still* Present

LaSpeakeasi

Question

I've encountered this bug, previously reported fixed in v1.05 twice in Chapter 3.

Once in Northweald after fighting a pack of stelgears relating to the quest 'Hunter Brother' I was unable to combat mode until another pack of spotted stelgaers was killed relating to the quest 'At the Mercy of the Tribes'.

The other instance remained unsolvable and broke my game. I was on the quest 'Sacrificial Bloodline' and ended up fighting Simoc in Twin Elms. After I killed Simoc's men the game will not exit combat mode. I cannot loot the bodies, talk to Simoc's son to finish the quest, or leave the area. I tried exiting the game and reloading the save, but the problem persists.

I will try to upload a save file later this week as I am currently traveling in a region where Google and Dropbox is blocked. It seems this issue has been around quite sometime and is of game-breaking importance.

7 answers to this question

Hello Laspeakeasi,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please upload a save file and an output log via dropbox and post the link here? I can then take a look into your issue.

Thanks a bunch! 

Here you go:

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ikdfqb3rhthcny/17a6b929-cb5f-44cb-9b9f-ca7fe38bdd89%20autosave_0.savegame?dl=0

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6xy0x2uicj31kk/output_log.txt?dl=0

Hey Laspeakeasi, 

I figured out the problem. There is a Three-Tusk Warrioress that patrols in the small room to the left. If she happens to be in the very back, she will miss all of the combat. Just move to that room and kill her and you should be able to exit out of combat mode.

I will put in a bug into our database about her not being able to complete combat.

Thank you for your help and support!

• Like 1

Hey lameover,

The save you have uploaded seems to be corrupted. Were you using any mods by any chance? Or used any console cheats?