937% Slash Damage Bonus - Bug?

dolphinrcj

Question

My three melee characters are all getting a huge slash damage bonus, but I can't track the source.  I'm not using any potion or spell buffs in combat.

For example:

Garris hits Skaen Temple Guard for 218 Pierce damage.  Acc:67 – Def.:67 = 0. Roll:71 + 0 = 71 (Hit). 29.5 – DR:9.0  = 20.5 Pierce + 192.1 Slash + 5.1 Shock.

Garris's weapon:   Exceptional Great Sword:  Damage: 21-30 Slash/Pierce (base 18-26) vs. Deflection; +25% Shock Damage; Exceptional: +30% Damage

I understand the 20.5 Pierce & 5.1 Shock damage values, but where does the 192.1 Slash damage come from?

Is this a bug? These bonuses made the Adra Dragon very easy.

Files:

https://northwestlaptop.sharefile.com/d-s942201f087447f7b

6 answers to this question

Hello, dolphinrcj.  I've downloaded your files to take a closer look at the issue.  Thanks for your support and patience with this issue.

I notice that a few of your characters have an item equipped in the quick slots that is labeled incorrectly and has a missing icon.  Do you know what those are?

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

The first three characters have a potion_of_power_l4 that was added through the console.  I found it in Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle.

I tried dismissing all other characters, emptying my main character's quick slots and inventory, and only equipping a plain great sword and chainmail.  I still get that slash damage bonus.

I think I figured it out.  Apparently the potion_of_power_l4 has cumulative permanent effects.

I had my character drink all five remaining potions, travelled for three days, then rested.  I fought the Temple Guards again with this result:

Garris crits Skaen Temple Guard for 335 Pierce damage.

Acc:439 – Def.:67 = 372. Roll:22 + 372 = 394 (Crit). 30.1 – DR:9.0 = 21.1 Pierce + 308.2 Slash + 5.3 Shock.

I guess that's the risk of using the console.  Is this fixable, or will I just need to start a new game?