Defender ability not updating properly

Sappy69

Question

The updates to the Fighter's Defender ability does not work right.  Before the 2.0 beta patch, the Defender ability provided -20% attack speed, but +5 deflection (increased +15 total deflection with Wary Defender because the old Wary Defender added +10 to all defenses for Defender).  The new Defender is supposed to instead provide -5 Deflection but lacks the attack speed penalty (Wary Defender now adds 0 deflection, +5 all other defenses to Defender).

After starting up a saved game from before the 2.0 beta patch, where I had Eder in the party with both Defender and Wary Defender, it appears the old Defender/Wary defender is in effect.  That is, it provides the old -20% attack speed but +15 deflection.  However, if I go to an inn and re-spec Eder, and re-buy Defender and Wary Defender during the re-spec, the updated Defender/Wary Defender takes effect (-5 deflection, no attack speed decrease).

Now normally, this isn't a big deal, but re-speccing Eder apparently means you lose 1 talent.  I've read elsewhere that Eder receives a bonus Weapon Focus: Ruffian talent that is apparently lost if you re-spec him.  Of course, that's a separate issue altogether and not the purpose of this bug report.

In summary, Defender/Wary Defender still operate under the pre-2.0 rules for characters who already have it from before 2.0.  However, if you re-spec or start a new game (presumably), the post-2.0 Defender/Wary Defender rules take effect.

2 answers to this question

Now normally, this isn't a big deal, but re-speccing Eder apparently means you lose 1 talent.  I've read elsewhere that Eder receives a bonus Weapon Focus: Ruffian talent that is apparently lost if you re-spec him.

Load the game before Eder's respec - there is no Ruffian talent.

(i develop Eder from level 2 in 1.06 when i met him)

Sorry for my bad english.