[1.0.6] Broken dialogue mode in Dyrford Ruins

Davenv

Question

When approaching the transfusion chamber, it's sufficient to open its door to trigger cinematic mode where the camera moves on its own and then a dialogue with Wymund starts. But if you click on the door more than once, as if to open and close them again, the whole scene ends up broken.

It begins with the party getting stuck in the doorway. The game reacts to this by doing a fade out to black during which player characters are relocated, and then after a fade in it marches into to room as it's supposed to. Then the dialogue starts and after a second the portraits, log and options UI show up under the dialogue UI.

post-69913-0-90372700-1436470837_thumb.jpg post-69913-0-79398300-1436470838_thumb.jpg

It's then possible to freely move around, enter the inventory and character sheet. Even the game menu is accessible and although a game can be loaded this way, the save game button is inactive. It is even possible to continue the game like that but another conversation cannot be started, object description popups won't show and the broken dialogue UI doesn't allow to select any of its options besides clicking the continue button.

post-69913-0-59830000-1436470839_thumb.jpg post-69913-0-86821700-1436471989_thumb.jpg

It's always reproducible with this game state.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29728588/BrokenDialogueDyrfordRuins.zip

Edited by Davenv

3 answers to this question

Hello, celliott! It wasn't really an inconvenience as I was able to load the game and continue unhindered. Still, thank you. I hope you will figure it out and I'm happy to be of help.

Edited by Davenv