Saved games disappearing

DancerDev

Question

Description: The game has crashed on two separate playthroughs, and each time my saves are no longer recognized, even though I can see them in the Saved Games directory. The first playthrough my game crashed on the loading screen after killing the bear and heading to town, and all of my saves disappeared, leaving Continue and Load greyed out. The second playthrough (in which I disabled Steam cloud sync) my game crashed while quicksaving in the temple, and Continue and Load were not greyed out because one of my earlier saves (an hour earlier, at the tree in town) remained, but I could not access any of the later ones. Those also remained timestamped in the Saved Games directory.

I've tried multiple player-suggested fixes. I deleted the AppData/Local and LocalLow files, ran Steam as an administrator, loaded my remaining save file, saved and loaded some new save files, and restarted the client, and my old save files do not show up. I've attempted removing specific save files (backtracking my progress, basically) in the attempt to find a "bad apple" corrupted save file while remaining the "delete AppData" process, and that hasn't worked. I used "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" on Steam the last time and it said that 1 file was missing and it downloaded something, but whatever it was, it didn't appear to fix the problem.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue: Unfortunately, because the crashes occurred in separate locations (if both around the two hour mark), I don't know what I should say to this. But if you go to the Load screen with my set of save files, you'll see some of them (I think four at this point, all around the 0:57 mark, since I was trying to repopulate the AppData) and not others, with earlier timestamps (since I haven't been able to load them) and more progress in the game.

Link to Save Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uayf8anx8bcj10q/AADb2XvPS7Wg7i_Sp8c2ytkqa?dl=0

System Specs: Windows 7, 64-bit, 4 gigs RAM. DxDiag file attached below. I've attached the most recent output_log.txt as well, though I've been rebooting the game and making new save files a lot in an attempt to get the old ones to show up. They've been in the Saved Games directory, though.

Please help! I want to play this game, but wth two playthroughs mostly disappearing at seemingly random occasions I'm too worried to try to start a new one unless I can figure out how to make them come back.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

5 answers to this question

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm actually a bit turned around as to which save file is which now, since I was making new ones to try out a player fix. When I click Load, with all of those files in the Dropbox in my Saved Games folder, I see five saves:

1) Autosave, Temple of Eothas, 7/6/2015 1:25 AM (0h 51m)

2) Gilded Vale, 7/6/2015 12:36 PM (0h 52m 42s)

3) Gilded Vale, 7/6/2015 12:29 PM (0h 52m 16s)

4) Gilded Vale, 7/6/2015 12:20 PM (0h 51m 47s)

5) Gilded Vale, 7/5/2015 11:54 PM (0h 51m 06s) <-- I think this is the one that somehow survived

In my Saved Games directory that I've uploaded to Dropbox, I can match these to:

1) 567f696f-a32e-45bc-b725-2f42a2eff5da autosave.savegame

2) 567f696fa32e45bcb7252f42a2eff5da 7771770 GildedVale.savegame

3) 567f696fa32e45bcb7252f42a2eff5da 7771630 GildedVale.savegame

4) 567f696fa32e45bcb7252f42a2eff5da 7771454 GildedVale.savegame

5) 567f696fa32e45bcb7252f42a2eff5da 7771272 GildedVale.savegame

That means the ones that aren't appearing are:

1) 567f696f-a32e-45bc-b725-2f42a2eff5da quicksave.savegame <--- I think this is the quicksave that crashed the game on the second playthrough.

2) 567f696fa32e45bcb7252f42a2eff5da 7771613 TempleofEothas.savegame <---- This was a save right before, I think

3) 567f696fa32e45bcb7252f42a2eff5da 7851016 TempleofEothas.savegame

In all of the saves that appear, my character is alone. In all of the ones that disappeared, I'd gotten past the point where I teamed up with the wizard.

You're welcome. Sorry, I think I initially replied to a version of your post that asked for more information, but my posts are delayed because they have to be moderator-approved. I hope it helps.

Do you know how long it's likely to be until people take a look at the bug? If you don't, I understand, but if it's not likely to be for a while, that'd be good to know.

Hello.  No worries, mate.  I looked closer at the files and then edited my post.  I can also approve your posts, so they show up quickly for me.  Bugs that we create get sent to the appropriate team lead right away.  I don't however know how long it will take for them to assign it out to the person that will fix it.  Sorry, I wish I had more info.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/