Pillars of Eternity Crash on Start up

dracolusus

Question

Good day,

I'm hoping I can get a resolution here. I've only played about 6 hours according to Steam timelogs. I took a break from playing when I got the game at release, and everything worked fine. I have seens a few updates happen over the last few months and tried to start the game again. I get a crash now, when trying to start the game from Steam or directly from the folder. Things I've done to try get it to work.

• Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it (via Steam)
  • Uninstalled my graphics drivers, ran 3D Guru's driver cleaner, reinstalled as a clean installation.
  • Changed all 3D profile settings to Off / low /performance based

Not sure what else I can try...

Running the game with my laptop's integrated Intel chipset and the game works...

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Windows Error Reporting(error).txt

Windows Error Reporting(information).txt

Report(add dot wer extension).txt

4 answers to this question

Hello, Draculusus.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  Do you have an option to disable auto-switching of the video cards?  I know this causes issues on MacBooks and am wondering if the same can be said for Windows based laptops that also have more than one video card.  Try that and update this thread accordingly.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello, Draculusus.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  Do you have an option to disable auto-switching of the video cards?  I know this causes issues on MacBooks and am wondering if the same can be said for Windows based laptops that also have more than one video card.  Try that and update this thread accordingly.  Thanks!

Hi,

I've tried all of that and no luck. I changed the power settings, changed the 3D settings to not be adaptive, I've created a new profile for Nvidia card only. It just blows my mind that it worked before on the nvidia card. And now it doesn't. Even after a clean driver install. More so that it runs off the intel card.

TextXML Parse Failed. Attempting binary... File: C:/Users/simese/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity\TempSaveData Reason: Polenter.Serialization.Core.DeserializingException: An error occured during the deserialization. Details are in the inner exception. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: invalid data.

The output log says that it got errors by trying to read the temp save folder. Could you clean this folder and try again?

TextXML Parse Failed. Attempting binary... File: C:/Users/simese/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity\TempSaveData Reason: Polenter.Serialization.Core.DeserializingException: An error occured during the deserialization. Details are in the inner exception. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: invalid data.

The output log says that it got errors by trying to read the temp save folder. Could you clean this folder and try again?

Thanks, I tried that before after reading it. Also tried to delete the actual save files, and disabled Steam cloud saves etc...no change.

uploaded the output file again, if not...I guess I'll just format! Hope to get a new job soon, then I can be able to wipe this damn thing :(

output_log.txt