A Webb of bridge-burning

skwerly

Question

Yep, I'm another one who can't get into the hearings.  None of the solutions I've read work for me.

I started a game with v1.05 (GOG), playing a mindless soulless rampaging murderer, slaughtering everyone I see without speaking to them, and doing as few quests as possible.  I cleared out the three houses before even confronting Webb.  (And found the one person I'm not allowed to mindlessly slaughter.)

My quest log says I need to tell Lady Webb that I'm unable to get an invitation to the hearings, but Webb says she's a last resort and won't invite me herself.  Patching to 1.06 didn't help.  I need the "burned all bridges" option to appear.  Is there a console command that will do this?

7 answers to this question

I was going to do a search for you, but it seems as if you've already poked around and didn't find a solution to your problem. The console commands I can recall offhand don't really deal with changing the quest states. Hopefully someone sees your issue and can give you a hand. Good luck, man!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The console commands I can recall offhand don't really deal with changing the quest states.

Do you know of any commands that get and set variables?  If those exist, I can use the .conversation file to see what I'm missing.

As far as I know, this site isn't run by Obsidian. For my part, I'm a volunteer moderator and not actually employed by Obsidian. :Cant's wry grin icon: However, I did find the following webpage. I've never used the console, but then I also didn't have any game breaking problems. At any rate, here goes:

http://orcz.com/Pillars_of_Eternity:_Console_Commands

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

skwerly, after taking a look at your saved game, you are still friendly with The Dozens.  Sticking with your playstyle, I went to the Expedition Hall in Copperlane and killed everyone I could.  Going back to Lady Webb after that gave me the dialogue option of all 3 bridges burned.  So go ahead and just slaughter The Dozens and you'll be good to go!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

skwerly, after taking a look at your saved game, you are still friendly with The Dozens.  Sticking with your playstyle, I went to the Expedition Hall in Copperlane and killed everyone I could.  Going back to Lady Webb after that gave me the dialogue option of all 3 bridges burned.  So go ahead and just slaughter The Dozens and you'll be good to go!

Oh wow, I thought I'd dealt with them.  The quest log insisted they didn't like me...  But yes, that solved the problem and I can now continue my rampage.  Thank you!