My short but sweet review for Pillars of Eternity.

Pillars of Eternity™ earns my vote for the best lore in a video game. The addictive combat system, technical character systems and the many choices and consequences throughout, only add to the grand finale that is Pillars of Eternity™.

The text in Pillars of Eternity™ is the best I've read to date, it was clearly written by talented writers. Each utterance paints this priceless work of art; and you get to add to this art; the choices you make throughout are original and their consequences are truly game changing. How accents, cultures and creed are expressed is beautiful and fair for all. The jokes and puns from allies are perfectly timed, and the massive amount of characters are intriguing and of intelligent design. 

The game forces you to view your character(s) from above with some freedom on depth of field. Combat consists of issuing commands to your character(s) and then watching your character(s) act. Different classes have different game play mechanics; it's best to choose wisely when you enter the in-depth character creation screen. Complex arithmetic allows for advanced tactics to be played, and different difficulty settings will challenge any player.

The graphics may not appeal to the youthful audiences, but are very professional, especially for those with an eye for good art. Combat is finished nicely, each backdrop for every location is of a high resolution and all are eye-capturing. Overall the graphics are good but may be aimed toward a more mature player.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/s13ep/recommended/291650/

• Like 3

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

• 1 month later...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/s13ep/recommended/291650/

Pillars of Eternity was finished with well written lore that's a jewel among other jewels but definitely the diamond. If you read and adjust to the lore, you'll know a revolutionary story with some characters you'll seldom forget. The lore itself is full of optimism, that you can terrorize or support, and a twisted darkness, that makes the perfect enemy, or friend.

The graphics of all protagonists and NPCS are sharpened, and with the high-resolution backgrounds, your party shimmers, especially on the battlefield with all the speical effects from talents. The on-screen visuals and the in-mind visuals about this game are of the highest quality for the format it's in {i.e strict above-view}.

Gameplay consists of issuing commands and then watching your party act, moving by pointing and clicking, and by either clicking on the icon of your talents or using set hotkeys, you attack or use defensive and healing abilities. Positioning and map control are definitely elements of Path of the Damned ( hardest difficulty ) mode.

Updated**

King of Kings

Lord of Lords