[bug][1.06]Detection circles not showing for animal companion

Silent Winter

Question

Description:

Detection circle isn't showing up for my Ranger's animal companion.

The detection mechanic is still working, and I hear the 'ping' when the AC is detected and combat starts.

Didn't notice at first because Calisca/Heodan was always at the fore.  Since Valewood, the lion's been leading and no yellow/red detection timer has been showing for it.

Have since tested with 3 different companions at start of game - none show a detection circle.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Start a new game, normal difficulty.  Create a Ranger with Lion, Wolf or Stag (haven't tested the others) animal companion.  (Wood-Elf / Pale-Elf, Living-lands, Hunter background if that makes a difference).

Approach first wolf enemy with the AC - no detection circle shows up, though it does work for Calisca and PC.

Expected Behaviour: AC gets a detection circle (especially as wolf is said to be a good scout)

(Last ranger I had was Sagani in 1.04 - I'm pretty sure Itumaak had a detection circle then)

Can't upload save-game to dropbox/mediafire/4shared as they're blocked in China - if nobody else is having this problem, I'll try a full reinstall.

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

2 answers to this question

I could've sworn itumaak had it in my playthrough with Sagani ... but I'm not 100% sure.

Either way it's a bit of an oversight - especially as the wolf is billed as a scout.

Obs: Can we look into getting detection circles for the AC?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat: