Quest: The Hermit of Hadret: Game freezes after assasination of aevar

Question

Hey Guys,

I'm playing 1.05 on a mac, german version. The game crashes after the assassination of aevar scene. It fails to go back in normal playing mode just saying "game paused" (see attached picture). I had that one before in another quest after an animated scene - don't remember which - but managed to get it going by reloading. This does not work with the assassination of aevar scene though.

Please help since I can't go on with the storyline.

post-154319-0-34531300-1432545879_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

Since I can't find the save games or log file (yes, I've read the post about where to find them) I guess that's it for me. I bought the game on macgamestore. For what it's worth here are my system specs (I know, its old but it worked well with PoE until now):

iMac

20" early 2009

Prozessor  2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Speicher  4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Grafikkarte  NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F1077)

Hey Guys,

I'm playing V 1.05 on a mac, german version. The game freezes after the assassination of aevar scene. It fails to go back in normal playing mode just saying "game paused" (see attached picture). I had that one before in another quest after an animated scene - don't remember which - but managed to get it going by reloading. This does not work with the assassination of aevar scene though.

Please help since I can't go on with the storyline.

iMac

20" early 2009

Prozessor  2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory  4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F1077)

Save Game: 

post-154319-0-67977100-1432739699_thumb.jpg

Player.log.zip

I merged your topics, Frrritz, but please give more time for responses.  I understand the frustration, but you simply have to give this time.  I did a quick search for your issue and was surprised to see you already had a thread out there.  Don't take a lack of response as people ignoring you.  Folks just don't have an answer.  I'm going to do another search with your topics merged and hopefully I can find something.  In the meantime, please don't bump your thread.  You can also contact support directly.  Support@obsidian.net

EDIT:  Here's a link to someone with the same problem.  I see there's a developer response in there, so maybe you can find some good information rather than speculation about the issue.  http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79672-105-main-quest-bugged-at-end-of-act-ii/?p=1693699

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

This issue is caused by the "Auto-Pause: Spell Cast" option in the auto-pause menu. A workaround until we resolve this issue is to click away from the game window and then back which will unpause the game, or simply turn off that auto-pause option before going into the cutscene. I hope that helps!

• Like 1